Hello my crafty friends! How are you doing today?
I am very excited to introduce my latest pattern, the Bozena saddle bag! This bag was in the making for a very long time, because I wanted to get it right. This pattern is named after my very good friend, Bozena, and she chose a design for this pattern. She wanted a round bag, with a large flap, a couple of pockets. I made her version with an adjustable strap and added a spare chain strap, so she could dress it up or down depending on the occasion.
Bozena saddle bag is a trendy semi-circle crossbody bag! The perfect companion on a night out or during the day when you only need to carry bare essentials. The pattern offers two different flap options. Choose a rounded flap, which is perfect for fabrics with a larger print, and don’t be afraid to use a bold flip or turn lock for the main feature. Otherwise, choose a square flap with small rounded corners. This version looks great with a press lock closure.
Bozena saddle bag features a handle on the top of the flap and a slip pocket on the back, which is perfect if you want to keep your phone or other items easily accessible on the go. The small but spacious fully lined main compartment can hold a small water bottle, wallet, or other essentials, with additional slip and zipper pockets so you can keep your belongings organized. The adjustable shoulder strap allows wearing the bag on the shoulder or across the body.
Height / Width / Depth
19 cm (7 1/2”) / 26 cm (10 1/4”) / 8 cm (3”)
You will need the following list of supplies:
Please note: You may need an additional amount of fabric with a directional print.
Height / Width
- 45 cm / 145 cm (18” / 57”) External fabric: cotton canvas, faux leather, cork etc.
- 10 cm / 30 cm (4” / 12”) Non-fraying fabric: vinyl, leather (for the pocket overlay & trim)
- 40 cm / 145 cm (16” / 57”) Lining fabric: quilting cotton, waterproof canvas
- 50 cm / 90 cm (20” / 36”) Heavyweight stabilizer: Fusible fleece (HeatNBond, Vilene H640, foam interfacing (By Annie’s Soft and Stable, Pellon Flex Foam, Bosal In-R-Form), Decovil light etc.
- 80 cm / 145 cm (32” / 57”) Lightweight fusible interfacing: Stayflex, SF101, Wovenfuse
- 12 cm / 20 cm (5” / 8”) Decovil heavy or similar (optional)
- D-ring x 4
- 19 mm (3/4”) swivel hook x 2 & strap adjuster x 1
- Tongue lock / press lock / turn lock / flip lock x 1 (depending on version)
- #3 Zipper 13 cm (6”) x 1
- Double-sided tape
- Rivets x 13 (optional)
- Multi-surface glue (optional)
- Fray check glue (optional)
Skill level: Intermediate
Bozena saddle bag pattern is available in the shop now. The pattern will be on sale for the first 48 hours! Hope you going to like it.
Would love to see your verisons so join Allsewpetite – makers group on Facebook. Come back tomorrow to see all versions that my pattern testers made. You going to love it!
Video series available on YouTube
I’ve created a five part video series for this pattern, so you can watch alongside the pattern instructions, or to see if you like the pattern.