Hello! Hope you are happy and well!
Today I would like to share with you all about my plans for Make Nine 2019. Make Nine hashtag is growing in popularity among crafting and sewing community and this year I thought it would be fun to join in the experiment. The challenge is pretty simple. Anyone who want to participate have to pick 9 projects that will try to complete during the next 12 months, document all makes and post them on blogs or Instagram using #makenine2019. There are no prizes( as far as I am aware), it is just for fun, which I am all about!!!
My chosen makes for this year:
- Erin skirt by Sew Over It. I picked this particular pattern because of it’s simplicity and casual look, and I really like the front button placket on this skirt. I am still figuring out my style and what type of clothes suits me, so not sure how this will turned out, but I had this pattern since last year so now is the time to bring it to life. Erin skirt comes as one of five patterns from Lisa Comfort eBook “My capsule wardrobe, City break”. I plan to make it with dark brown denim fabric from my stash and jeans type buttons.
2. Classic Trench Coat. We all need at least one of this in our wardrobe, don’t you agree? I do not have a specific pattern in mind just yet, as I did not come across anything that I would like. Let me know if there is any pattern that is worth considering! I also need to research some more on a type of fabric best suited for Trench Coat.
3. Another make that I yet need to find pattern for, hovewer I am considering just drafting it myself. What I like about this blouse is the simplicity of the pattern, yet the silk and lace combination looks classy and sexy.
4. Wide leg trousers. I am thinking to use Lander pants pattern by True Bias in more drapey fabric, because they fit me pretty much fine after making some adjustments while sewing the shorts version last year. I could possibly widen them at the bottom to create wide leg effect, but at this point I am not sure. It will depends on the fabric I will choose and the final look that will be desired.
5. Channel Jacket!!! What more do I need to say?!?!? It is another classic item that is timeless and beautiful. I already have a Boucle type fabric in my stash that I want to use. It’s been waiting for over a year now, but too be honest I am a little terrified to start this project. Any help or tips would be welcome 🙂
6. Jumpsuit. I hope they will still be in fashion this year, as I love how comfortable they are. They are many patterns available on the market, so I need to make up my mind and pick the one I like the most. I do not have the fabric yet, but I want it to be plain color, maybe grey or khaki?? Not sure yet.
7. Velvet wrap top. Most probably I will use an Eve dress pattern by Sew Over It for this project because I like how it looks. Thinking to make it with normal sleeves because I already made a top with fluted sleeves last month.
8. A little selfless sewing project. I am planning to dive into sewing for my partner and a classic shirt with collar seams like a great start. I might use one of the Burda patterns I have in my stash. I am curious about what fabric my partner will choose…
9. Lace Dress. This without a doubt is the biggest project that I have planned for this year. I am dreaming about making a similar dress for Dressmaker Ball that I am attending this March, so do not have a lot of time to waste. I had a practice run using lace fabric last year and made a little top, but still am scared that I bit more then I can chew!
Here you go! My Make Nine 2019 plans!
~Are you taking part in this challenge this year?~