Backpacks are so versatile, especially if you have one that can be converted into a cross-body messenger bag at any time!
Lila bag is perfect for everyday errands or a day trip where you need a lot of space to carry all your essentials. Lila is an excellent bag that quickly converts from a shoulder bag to a backpack, so if you need free hands just unclip the straps from the side D-rings and attach them to the back panel instead.
Lila bag has multiple external pockets under the front flap (gusset, welt, and patch) and cargo and zipper pockets in the lining. The sewing instruction includes an option to make a functional front buckle closure or a faux buckle closure with a magnetic snap for more convenience on the go. The bag is fully lined and has adjustable buckle straps. You can make it your own by mixing different fabrics.
Lila bag dimensions:
Width 38 cm (15″) / Height 27 cm (10 ½”) / Depth 10 cm (4″)
- 145 cm / 100 cm (57”/ 39”) – External fabric
- 145 cm / 70 cm (57” / 27 ½”) – Lining fabric
- 90 cm / 90 cm (35 ½” / 35 ½” – Heavyweight, stable fusible stabilizer such as Fast 2 Fuse Heavy, Fusible foam stabilizer, Fusible Fleece, Decovil light etc.
- 90 cm / 170 cm (35 ½” / 67”) – Lightweight fusible interfacing such as Stayflex
- 25 mm (1”) – D-rings x 6
- 3 – 5 mm ( ”- ”) eyelets / grommets x 16
- Rivets x 9
- 25 mm (1”) – Buckle x 3
- 25 mm (1”) – Swivel lobster hook x 4
- 5 cm (8”) – #3 Zipper x 1
- Magnetic snap (optional) x1
Check out the next post to see all of the pattern testers bags or visit the shop to get the pattern.
You can also sign up to my newsletter now to get an exclusive discount code!!!
Thank you, Monika xxx
Missing steps in the sewing instructions (amended on 26.11.2020 ):
171. Stitch the short ends using 1 cm (3/8 ”) seam allowance. Backstitch at the beginning and the end, trim the seam allowance by half and turn the corners right side out.
172. Line up the folded edges enclosing the seam allowance and edgestitch Straps (P), Strap extenders (O) and Loops (V) around all 4 sides.
Check out all of the testers makes in the next post!!!