Hello, my crafty friend!
If you ever want to make the cutest mini pouch with a flap, I have the perfect project for you! This mini pouch is ideal to store tiny items, such as rings, earings, mini mending kit, spare change or hair clips. It makes an ideal gift or stocking filler and it is super fun to make!
The mini pouch is fully lined and securely closed with a press snap. There are no raw edges and no binding! You can easily add a side loop with a d-ring or a swivel hook if you want the option to attach it to your keys, wallet or a backpack!
This mini pouch finishes at 11.5 cm ( 4.5″) wide and 9 cm (3.5″) high.
It is a fantastic beginner friendly project that comes together in no time!
- External and lining fabric. The pieces aren’t big, so check your fabric scraps, but if you are looking for some new fabric, head over to Minerva! They have a large selection of beautiful fabrics, available in various colours and prints!
- When working with a lightweight fabric, such as quilting cotton or cotton poplin, you may need to interface it with some woven interfacing. I like to use Pellon SF101.
- A stabiliser is not required, but if you want to make a more structured pouch, I recommend using Fusible fleece or a Decovil light.
- You will need one set of press snaps, alternatively use a magnetic snap, but remember to install it at the beginning of the project.
- When using press snaps you will need specific tools to set them in: a Hand press with a correct set of dies makes the process of installing press snaps super easy!
- Hole puncher
- Pinking shears
- Fabric marking tools. I like the Pilot frixion pens because they disappear under heat.
- Seam ripper in case something goes wrong.
- Sewing machine, thread, needle etc.
To make this mini pouch you will need to cut 1 x Front & Back from external fabric & lining fabric. You can make it using tiny scraps, so check your fabric bin 😉. You can use various types of fabrics, such as: quilting cotton, denim, cotton poplin, faux leather, waxed canvas and waterproof fabric.
I’ve made my mini pouches with mixture of quilting cotton, cotton poplin and faux leather. All cotton fabrics are backed with woven interfacing and have either fusible fleece and decovil light or no stabiliser. I like the more structured look and feel on this mini pouch.
Support me on Ko-fi
If you like what I do please support me on Ko-fi so I can create more awesome free patterns & tutorials like this one.
Video tutorial available on YouTube
I’ve created a video tutorial for this project so you can sew along with me 😄
Show me your love by sharing your creations in Allsewpetite – makers group on Facebook or tag me @allsewpetite on Instagram and Facebook!
Get product updates, launch announcements and more by joining my newsletter.