Hello, my crafty friends! I am so excited to let you know that the Winnie utility pouch pattern is live! If you are not aware, this project and the Winnie needle book were designed back in March/April for Mother’s Day as part of the collaboration with modes4U.com! You can read the whole story on their blog 😉(CLICK HERE).
This is the version I have made using a selection of Japanese fabrics from modes4U.com.
Fitted with abundance of pockets, Winnie is a perfect pouch to neatly store and organise your favourite craft supplies, tools, stationery, cosmetics and more. I call her “the ultimate pouch” and “the perfect sewing companion” because she is large, mighty and can hold everything but the sewing machine 😄
Winnie utility pouch features three narrow pockets, which are perfect to store smaller tools handy, such as precision knife, tracing wheel or a bunch of pens, plus a cargo pocket behind a flap and a large slip pocket. These front pockets are a great storing place for the tools and supplies that you reach for most of the time. On the back of the pouch, you will find a zipper pocket and a slip pocket, which is divided into two smaller compartments.
The pouch feature a large gusset with a top zipper closure and side tabs. You can easily transform this pouch into a small crossbody bag by adding D-rings and a strap. The large main compartment is fully lined and can fit an A5 journal, a small tablet and more. There is an internal zippered mesh pocket, and the edges are finished with a bias binding.
You will need the following list of supplies:
Height / Width
- 70 cm / 100 cm (27 1/2” / 39 1/2”) External fabric: lightweight cotton canvas, cotton poplin, waterproof fabric etc.
- 85 cm / 100 cm (33 1/2” / 39 1/2”) Lining fabric: quilting cotton etc.
- 20 cm / 35 cm (8” / 13 3/4”) Mesh fabric
- 40 cm / 90 cm (15 3/4” / 35 1/2”) Medium weight fusible stabilizer: Vilene H640, HeatNBond, Decovil light etc.
- 130 cm / 100 cm (57” / 39 1/2”) Woven interfacing: Pellon SF101, Wovenfuse, G700 etc.
- #5 Zipper 40 cm (15 3/4”) x 1 (single or double pull)
- #5 Zipper 31 cm (12 1/4”) x 1
- #5 Zipper 26 cm (10 1/4”) x 1
- 2.5 cm (1”) single fold bias binding x 3 meters (3.25 yds.)
- Magnetic snap x 2
- Multi-surface glue, fray check glue, double-sided tape (optional)
- Rivet x 1 (optional)
Skill level: Intermediate
Finished measurements: H / W / D
19 cm / 28 cm / 10 cm (7 1/2” / 11” / 4”)
I’ve created a detailed video tutorial for this pattern, so you can watch it alongside the pattern instructions, or just to find out if this is the right sewing project for you.
Winnie utility pouch pattern is on sale for the first 48 hours, so make sure to get your copy!
Show me your love by sharing your creations in Allsewpetite – makers group on Facebook or tag me @allsewpetite on Instagram and Facebook! In the meantime have a look at all creations that my pattern testers made. They are absolutely beautiful!
Subscribe to my newsletter to be the first to hear the latest news and receive exclusive discounts!